Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

We have a Maytag dish washer model MDB7749SBW2 which we

Customer Question

Hello we have a Maytag dish washer model MDB7749SBW2 which we bought from sears 7/1/2013 and sears installed it for us. Yesterday after a wash cycle we noticed a hot smell from inside. What we found was a white piece of plastic about a 1/4 inch thick and a couple inches round on both sides of the heating coil at about 5 o'clock. This plastic had burned through the middle where the coil was. Seems to still work fine however the store manager doesn't know why that plastic disk was there since none of the store models have such a thing. Was it something that should have been removed at installation? Was it a stabilizer for traveling? It"s a mystery to us, can you help us with this ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Can you post a picture of the melted part?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
sorry its burnt
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Do you see the part in the diagram at the link below?

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.