Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

We have a Frigidaire dishwasher, 4300 series. Last week

Customer Question

We have a Frigidaire dishwasher, 4300 series. Last week about half way through the cycle it started squealing. I read the manual but it didn't help. What could the problem be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

This is likely very easily solved. Pour about 1 cup of vegetable oil in the tub and run a cycle (no dishes). The oil will permeate the seals and moving parts and you should have no other issues with it squealing. As long as you use a full cycle wash (no need for heat dry), the oil will be washed away at cycle end.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!