Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I replace a interior light switch on a sub zero model 690,

Customer Question

I replace a interior light switch on a sub zero model 690 , and short out the light circuit , everything works , except the interior lights , now both freezer & frige interior lights not working , prior changing the switch , the lights on both side works when I move the switch
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Number 98 in the attached picture is a terminator for the light circuit. That part is likely faulty. Unfortunately, that part is no longer available new but there is on that is ridiculously priced on eBay at the link below. Can you test to see if it has continuity?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It has continuity , there is power voltage supplied to the terminator.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry , there is NO power voltage to the connector terminal ,that supply power to terminator.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Then there is probably a break in the internal wiring that you will not likely be able to access. Is there power at and through the door switch still?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Over the weekend, I found that ice / water dispenser have the common orange color wire that share the same power to the interior lights
the ice / water dispenser is not working either , is their a fuse control this circuit ?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

There is no fuse, no. There has to be an issue with the wiring.