Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a "Whirlpool" Mdl MH7140XFB-0 Microwave oven: The

Customer Question

I have a "Whirlpool" Mdl MH7140XFB-0 Microwave oven: The interior of the unit has rusted beneath the paint. I have wire brushes for my die grinders, as well as a "Needle scaler to remove the rust.
My question is this; what type of paint, and what type of putty or filler should I use to fill the low spots and paint the inside of this unit.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

There is a specific microwave interior cavity paint which is used to paint microwave, below is a link to where you can buy a can.

CLICK HERE for cavity paint.

Now as for the low spots, that might be something you have to just deal with. Sand down the rusted spots and paint over it. There isn't a filler that I know which will work. If you wanted to try to fill a hole you'd probably have to weld metal and grind it down and such---this is not a practice used to repair microwaves typically. Usually if you can sand it and paint it then great. If the rust goes all the way through, the microwave is considered un-repairable and the manufacture states to replace the microwave.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?