Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a whirlpool electric range that is giving me a

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool electric range that is giving me a message faulk dected press start to clear.. this shut off the oven. I try to clear it and restart it to bake and I get the message feature not available.. model is gfe461lvs0//can you help me
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

So when the oven states "feature not available" it means that the oven thinks the unit is in self clean mode. This is a glitch in the software and commonly occurs on Whirlpool made ovens. Try to flip the circuit breaker off to the oven or unplug the unit for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If it doesn't reset then the display board just needs to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your link.

CLICK HERE for display board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.