Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My refrigerator is 10F+ hotter than the digital readout on

Customer Question

My refrigerator is 10F+ hotter than the digital readout on the front panel for both refrigerator and freezer. The coils in back are clean. What can I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

If both displays are reading high, it is not likely that two sensors failed at the same time. I suspect the electronic control may just need to be reset. Unplug the refrigerator for about 15 minutes and see what happens after it is plugged back in. Let me know what happens after the reset, please.