Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a large capacity washer, the agitator recently

Customer Question

I have a large capacity washer, the agitator recently started to float off the spindle it is attached to when filling. if I tip it to the side to let the air out I can put it back on and it works until it refills. is there an air hole that is plugged?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The agitator is snapped into place over the number 310 part in the diagram at the link below.

Pull the agitator completely off and see if that bolt (number 301) is tight and the bell coupling (number 310) is securely fastened to the transmission shaft. If it is, the agitator may be worn and needs to be replaced if you push very firmly to lock it over the coupling and it still comes off. If those parts are not tight, tighten the blot. The agitator is available below if you should need to replace it.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed additional assistance as I see this question is still open. Please let me know if I can help with anything else!