Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Fridge front load washer, had a flow fault, cleaned inlet

Customer Question

Fridge front load washer, had a flow fault, cleaned inlet screens, did tear one a little on removal but made sure no debris got inside, put on new hoses, now it works great but bangs the pipes and it never did before, should I replace the screens withere holders?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 8 months ago.

Hi Steve my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you.

Can you please get the model number off the washer

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

If the pipes bang that is the water hammer effect that really has to do with the pipes. You need to install some water hammer on the line to stop that issue. The screens will not effect that but you should ave new screens put in.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What has been missed is that this problem has never been until the screen clean and new hoses, even when it was new, I cant agree that suddenly my houses plumbing is the problem, I did not turn off the water to the house, just the valves to the washer, could it be the high performance never burst hoses I installed, did the old rubber hoses I had before allow enough cushion to absorb the shock? I understand the principles of air chambers and realize the fixture boxes sold for washers don't even allow for them.

Yes if you have changed out the hoses to the no burst ones they do not flex and are more rigid not allowing for any shock absorption like the old ones, so you either need regular rubber hoses or install a couple screw on water hammers like these made for washers. No sweating required.

CLICK HERE