John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My name is ***** *****...my microwave is dead...I defrosted

Customer Question

Hey, My name is ***** *****...my microwave is dead...I defrosted something 10 mins ago and now, nothing. any help on how to restart, or how to reset would be appreciated
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Frigidaire FFMV164LSA
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

When you say now nothing !

Can you better explain , now it does not heat ,it now has no display , it now runs but does not heat?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not even lighting up on the display

Ok the unit has several internal safety devices that will open (not allowing voltage through it) when the unit gets too hot or is pulling more voltage the it should.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any testing on these components.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have one of those. Is there some way to reset something? It may have gotten too hot, water was boiling under it

The unit does not have a reset!

If one of the thermostat have opened it has to be replaced ,for the unit to work again !