Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a ge profile washer that makes a loud noise during

Customer Question

I have a ge profile washer that makes a loud noise during the final spin Cycle only. We changed the motor already noise is still there. Model number is *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What details it makes a loud banging noise during the final spin Cycle when there's about 4 to 3 mins left on the washer
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

I suspect there is an issue with the tub that is causing the noise you are hearing. Is the noise like the tub assembly banging around or more like a mechanical knocking noise?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sounds like the tub banging around
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sounds like the tub is banging around
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Does the tub appear to be quite loose if you move it around by hand?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it is spinning freely around
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Did you see any issues with the suspension rods when you had the front panel off to replace the motor?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
All 4 rods are fine.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Does the inner tub seem to be loose from the assembly and wobbly?