Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

My ice maker stopped making ice this morning

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 7 months ago.

Hi there,

first thing you will want to check is that the freezer is getting cold enough the thermostat inside the ice maker will not allow the ice maker to cycle if the freezer is warmer than 11-12 degrees or so, if it is cold enough the next thing to check is to see if the ice maker is getting water, put your finger in the ice maker itself and see if its has water/ice in it, if so make sure the arm is down on the ice maker (depending on model ) ... If it does not have water in it use a cup or something like a turkey baster to manually put water in the ice maker to see if it will cycle and dump the ice if not the ice maker is bad and will have to be replaced however if there is no water/ice in it and it does cycle after you manually add water then the water valve is bad on the unit and needs to be replaced. Try these things and let me know what you find also once you figure out what you need to replace if you give me the model number I will be glad to find you the replace parts.

In the meantime:

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate or vote for my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today.

After rating/voting for my service you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just one of the technicians on the site that is here to help answer your question. If you feel my answer has been informative and has helped you then please be sure to rate my service at this time.

If you want to rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank you for your immediate attention in taking

care of this.

If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating or feel I deserve a negative please let me know.