Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

My refrigerator has the light on, but will not dispense ice

Customer Question

my refrigerator has the light on, but will not dispense ice and water. I replaced the parts in the past was working just fine this morning until I pulled out the wire and reinstalled. Light is on so showing a connection. Am I missing a step?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 7 months ago.

Hi there I am Joel and I will be helping you with this today,

ok so you say the light is coming on which means you have the 120vac connection to the board and its getting power, so having a look at the wiring diagram for that unit which I will link below, there are two dispenser switches, but the odds of both of those being bad are slim to none but you can still check them for continuity, also you will want to check the door switch on the refrigerator if the door switch is sticking or bad it will not allow power to the dispenser, then if those are good, you will have have to check all the wiring between the dispenser board and power board, ribbon cable, plugs etc make sure nothing is loose, if all that looks good the you will have to replace the display power board:

Refrigerator Electronic Control Board

Part #:(###) ###-####- click here

click here for wiring diagram - click here

Let me know what you find, in the meantime:

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate or vote for my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today.

After rating/voting for my service you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just one of the technicians on the site that is here to help answer your question. If you feel my answer has been informative and has helped you then please be sure to rate my service at this time.

If you want to rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank you for your immediate attention in taking

care of this.

If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating or feel I deserve a negative please let me know.