Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

Refrigerator gets very warm replaced fan ,compressor,control

Customer Question

refrigerator gets very warm replaced fan ,compressor,control board what should we do next
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 8 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave and i am happy to assist you. Can you help me by answering a few questions? Is this problem intermittent? Are you getting partial cooling in the refrigerator? Do you know the temperature? Taking a reading in a glass of water that was in for 12 hour or more is the best way to check temperature.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No just goes to warm 54-70

And this is actual temperature and not just the display? Can you feel air coming out at the top?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No not cooling,flashing over tempeture

Alright, but the freezer temperature is normal at zero and all food is frozen properly.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No 54 is the of the freezer

Okay, can you remove the cover in the freezer to view the evaporator coils?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No

Based on what you told me so far I think you have a sealed system problem. Either leak or a restriction. Checking the evaporator is the best way to tell if there is enough refrigerant. If there is a proper charge, all the coils will be lightly frosted. If there is a leak you will only see a small amount of frost on the coils. How long ago was the compressor replaced? Did it cool properly for a while?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Wednesday of this week it was cold for two days and turned warm

Ouch. You need to call back the company that did the compressor. There is a leak on one of the joints that they brazed together. They will make the correction to their work and should not charge any more.

Dave here. Have you gotten the company back and resolved the sealed system problem? Do you still need help?