Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I am wondering if it is possible to clean the area between

Customer Question

I am wondering if it is possible to clean the area between the inside and outside glass of my thermador upper oven ( the bigger upper of my doulde oven) somehow there are two lines that appear on the glass in the middle area of the glass door....hoping there is a way to clean it! Would you please advise?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

So there is a way to clean it, but the door must be taken off completely and come apart in order to clean inside the door. To clean the door, open the door and flip the locking tabs up to lock out the door hinges. The door should then be locked out not allowing you to close the door more than 20 degrees or so. Lift up on the door and wiggle it as you pull it forward to remove the entire door. Now you can set it on a soft towel and remove the screws coming in from the top and bottom around the door so that the door will split apart. Separate the front of the door from the frame of the rest of the door and inner liner and you can clean the glass inside. Just re-assembly and install the door after you have cleaned the glass. Then open the door all the way and flip the locking tabs back down so you can close the door again.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.