Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Electric range has error message e2, f3, will not turn off

Customer Question

electric range has error message e2, f3, will not turn off
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

So this error code means that the oven thinks the oven is getting too hot. You'll want to shut the oven off or unplug it right now. Wait for the oven to get to room temperature and then test resistance through the oven sensor after removing. The resistance of the sensor should be 1080 ohms at room temperature. If not then replace the sensor--otherwise you have a faulty control board that would need to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
how do I find the oven sensor
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Once the oven cools off, it's attached to the back wall inside the oven near the top. Below is a link to the sensor you're looking for. You can either pull it forward after unscrewing it if the screws are inside the oven, or just pull the oven forward and remove the back sheet metal panel to expose the plug to the sensor and unplug the sensor to test it.

CLICK HERE for sensor