John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My ge refrigerator profile bottom frezor is iceing up whay

Customer Question

my ge refrigerator profile bottom frezor is iceing up whay shood I do
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Where are you getting ice exactly? And can I get the full model number located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
all over Model# *****

Sorry, I'm not there so can you please take a picture and use the paper clip above the text box so I can see what you're seeing? If not, then can you explain what you mean by all over? Is it solid clear ice? White frost? On the back panel? Bottom panel? Side panels? food? ceiling? etc....

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It looks like snow on the food there is solid ice on the sides of the of the drawers and the metal drawergides

Hmm, the icemaker is in the refrigerator on this model not the freezer so I'm having a hard time understanding what you would call solid ice on the sides of the drawer. Is there any way you can take a picture and use the paper clip to attach it above the text box so I can see what you're seeing?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
can I have an email address so we can send the pictures you

I can only send an option to send an email in order to send personal information and have it hidden to others.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Let me try this. Hope this helps.

Yes, that does. Thank you. So the first thing you need to do is close the door and are all the seals all the way around the door on the sides and top and bottom sealing up with the face of the refrigerator frame? Also, if you have a separate thermostat, can you put it in the freezer and see what the temperature is?

How long did it take for this ice to form?