Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Maytag fridge freezer Model MFD2561HES / Serial #

Customer Question

Maytag fridge freezer Model MFD2561HES / Serial # *****
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: temperature alarm is flashing and fridge temp is bouncing back and forth from 121 to 71 and other numbers in between
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I think the fridge is about 10 years old
JA: Our top Appliance Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Appliance Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Appliance Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

That issue was very common and the main board behind the unit to the left of the compressor needs to be changed. The issue is it is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. You would have to send it in for repair to APPLIANCETIMERS.COM or look for a used one on Ebay. Here is the part

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU