Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

My Frigidaire ice maker doesn't work any more. It is a Model

Customer Question

Hi ***** ice maker doesn't work any more. It is a Model LFHB2741pr5a. I have check the water filter and have plenty of pressure when I used the water in the door. I just came back from a vacation for two weeks and my son had turned the temp on the frig up. I turned it back down to 34 degrees. The ice maker is in the frig not the freezer. There isn't a wire to indicate the ice bin it full on this type of ice maker.
I check the panel and have turned the ice maker on and off but still no ice. I unplugged the frig for 15 minutes in hopes it would reset the system. Still not ice.
I don't even hear the solenoid valve to the ice maker open and shut. Can you give me some suggestions please.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 7 months ago.

Hi I am Joel and I will be helping you today,

That model has multiple solenoids on it one for the ice maker one for the water dispenser, so just because the water dispenser is working does not mean the valve is good it is common for the ice maker side of the valve to go bad, try manually putting water in the ice maker using a turkey baster or something similar and see if the ice maker cycles and dumps the ice if so the valve is bad, if it does not cycle the ice maker is bad. It usually is just a bad valve in most cases:

Refrigerator Water Inlet Valve Assembly

Part #:###-##-####- click here for part

If you have to change the valve its on the rear of the unit just follow the water lines on the rear of the unit and you will located the valve.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate or vote for my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today.

After rating/voting for my service you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just one of the technicians on the site that is here to help answer your question. If you feel my answer has been informative and has helped you then please be sure to rate my service at this time.

If you want to rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't know how you would get into the top of the ice maker to put water into it. It is completely enclosed because it is in the frig not the freezer. Anything else before changing the valve. How is the level determined?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was able to get my finger up into the tray and there is water in it but it is not frozen.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is like the ice maker that is in the frig is not cold enough to freeze the ice.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you done communicating with me? I still have questions?

No I am here that unit has its own evaporator system for the ice maker and there is a fan that cools the ice maker if that fan is not running the ice maker will not freeze the water, it sounds like this is the problem you are having.

Refrigerator Ice Maker Evaporator Fan

Part #:###-##-####- click here

you will want to check that and make sure that fan is blowing , if not replace it.

here is the schematic of the parts so that you can see where it is located in the unit:

click here

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank you for your immediate attention in taking

care of this.

If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating or feel I deserve a negative please let me know.