Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Kenmore elite he4t problems

Customer Question

kenmore elite he4t problems
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The switch inside the dispenser actuator motor is not working. That actuator will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how can i verify that now ...continuity test? ...voltage reading?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have those leads accessible now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can those contacts be by-passes somehow
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

On the main control, DI6.5 and DI6.6 are the switch wires from the dispenser. That switch needs to open and close as the cam moves on the dispenser motor. That is how the control knows where the dispenser is (position). So, set it into diagnostics again and see if you read those wires opening and closing. If you do not, the actuator is faulty. If you do, the control is not getting that message then and may be bad or there may be a connection issue. I have not seen a control fail with this error but it is possible, of course.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is the voltage to look for there on 5 or 6? is there a way to open the actuator and inspect the contacts for a quick fix? i need to use my washer.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

No voltage, you just need to see if that switch is opening and closing. I have never opened one of those up, so I am not sure how or if it will come apart without breaking.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no voltage? how does that work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does each location of the actuator send a different signal to the CCU? or does it just automaticall go from one dispenser position to the next?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can I just set the actuator to one position and then put a jumper in that plu?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The control monitors the opening and closing of the switch. The voltage is probably microvolts, it does not show what the voltage, if any, is running through that switch. You can't use a jumper because it has to open and close at various settings. See the attached page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thx ..... i will take a look at ur suggestions in morning and let u know if ur answers work for me or if i have other questions ... talk to u tomorrow ... have a great evening ......
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok .... actuator is good .... contacts open and close as motor rotates .... any other ideas?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

So it has to be that the control is not recognizing that, or a connection issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly,So ...... I got aggravated with no progress and replaced the entire CCU but i still have a problem ...... it turns out that the dispenser actuator is serviceable ..... unfortunately, while discovering that, the original positioning of the actuator was lost in reassembly ....... now the actuator does rotate and stop but i think it is not in the correct starting position .... is that possible? .... when i start a "Express Wash" now it starts to fill (in actuator position I) ....stops within 5 seconds the the actuator rotates to next position (II) and fill begins again then within 20-30 seconds i get FH error ..... any ideas?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I am sure it is possible if you did not get it back together correctly. I have not had one disassembled to be able to help with that. Why was it disassembled, I thought you tested it as good?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was disassemled to visually verify its operation ....... regardless of the reason, do u know if the CCU is looking for a specific start position? ..... the 4 cams on the rotating shaft are all of different sizes ...... would this not indicate that the CCU is looking for a signal of a certain time length in order to know the position of the dispenser (detergent or softener or bleach)?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It is looking for a specific start position, through the opening and closing of that switch. I have nothing to show me what the first position is, though.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok .... "trial and error" it is then ... i will keep u posted ...thx
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, thank you. Sounds like you got the issue resolved once the home position is found, though, nice work!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have now replaced the CCU and the dispenser actuator ....... in diagnostic mode the machine acts like it is fixed ....C:00 it locks then goes right to C:01 and water starts flowing for about minutes then FH error ......... in Express Wash mode machine locks and starts to fill for about 1 minute with slow rotation then FH error ....any ideas? flow switch? pressure switch? can pressure switch be adjusted?
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hi there I am a different tech I will be glad to help you out on this:

The pressure switch is not adjustable what you can do is check the pressure switch hose to see if its pinched anywhere and make sure the hose is properly attached to the control as well as the switch also make sure it does not have any tears or that its not stopped up, check all the connections to the pressure switch and make sure they are all tight and connected properly if so there is most likely a stuck contact in the pressure switch you can lightly tap on the switch with something and the contact may unstick if not replace the switch.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate or vote for my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today.

After rating/voting for my service you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just one of the technicians on the site that is here to help answer your question. If you feel my answer has been informative and has helped you then please be sure to rate my service at this time.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

If you want to rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

You can also try tapping on the flow meter with something if it works after you tap on it then replace it as it will just stick again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the flow meter rotates very smoothly and is not stuck ...... is there a voltage i can look for on its 2 wires?what about the pressure switch? the tube is not kinked or pinched anywhere and the air chamber at the bottom of the tub is clean .... which set of contacts should be closed and which open at different times?
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

I see you have had two other experts trying to assist you !

And they both have opted out.

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

give me a few minutes to read all of the post I will get right back to you.

.

The flow meter does not work on Electricity to power it in any way it only sends a signal to the CCU to tell it that the water is flowing through it .

To test the flow meter just test it for continuity while breathing through it not BLOWING but a nice even breath , this will send a signal pulse as if gives continuity and loses it .

That tells the CCU that water is flowing and the amount that has gone through it also.

Test that and let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what about the pressure switch or are u sure its not that?

You asked how to test the flow meter that is all I have given you as of yet!

Now as regarding the FH error code .

Do you get this code in a wash cycle or just diagnostics?

and when your getting the FH code has water actually gone into the unit or not?

and when are you getting the code? it the first WASH fill or on the Rinse FILL?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the flow meter generates a signal when water is flowing so won't u read continuity between fm3.1 and fm3.3 all the time?fh code in both diagnostic and wash mode and just b4 error u can hear and feel and see water flowing into dispenser

that is correct it will have continuity and loose it as the flow meter rotates ,that is how the CCU senses the amount of water that has entered the washer.

ok so if some water comes in is the washer filling up or just a very small amount of water has entered ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
water flows for almost exactly one minute each times (in both modes) then the error FH shuts it down
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just a small amout of water in washer in 1 minutes time but there is some

And you have not said so I `m assuming this code is coming up on the first WASH fill?

If so check the flow meter to verify you get and loose the continuity and if so it is fine then go to the pressure switch

Test the 4 to 6 and gentily blow into the switch 4 to 6 should then close, blow a bit harder and then 1 to 2 will still be closed but 4 to 6 will still also close

Blow harder and 3 to 4 will be closed

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1st fill and also dignostic C:02 ... now im going to do the other tests u just recommended ...b right back

ok test them on the CCU

that photo is from the service manual and is shown with NO water in the unit!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok ....just tested flow meter and i have continuity all the way up and including shut down with errorgoing to try pressure sw now

ok so you do not get it as a pulse? just contstant

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no pulse for sure constant and i am positive there is water in tub

ok then I would recommend that you replace the flow meter then.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Flowmeter/W10110225/1381535?rcaid=1000070 because with it not pulsing the control CCU thinks no water is coming in and thus giving you the FH error If you have any questions just reply back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pressure Switch
no pressure: contacts 1-2, 3-4, 4-5are open, and 4-6 closed
lt blow 4-5, and 1-2 close
#2 blow 1-2 and 4-5

ok So the pressure switch is good then so it is the Flow meter that needs to be replaced..

when you blew into the flow meter did it make a whirling type noise?

Are you still there?