Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an FL code on MAH6500 - replaced the door lock

Customer Question

I have an FL code on MAH6500 - replaced the door lock assembly and still get the code - won't agitate or spin
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Started with machine making a horrible noise with spinning so I replaced the bearing and when I tested it - pushing the door lock button - the wax motor clicks and won't go to "lock" - so I replaced the whole assembly and still the same problem -
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You said it was $18 but I was charged $28?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

So error FL does mean that your washer thinks the door latch has failed. If you have already replaced the entire latch assembly and you still have problems, you'll want to follow the wires from the latch up to the control board and make sure none of the wires are damaged. If they all check good, there is nothing you can do but replace the control board I'm sorry to say. If you haven't tried to unplug the appliance for 5 minutes to reset the electronics you can try that before replacing the board but otherwise the board is just not reading the door latch properly and would need to be replaced.

Sorry the $18 quote is just a general quote but the actual value shows when you start a question. Once we are done and you have rated, I can send it into customer service to have it changed if that is what you would like.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.