Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Smart wash cycle light blinking continous, smart wash cycle

Customer Question

smart wash cycle light blinking continous
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: smart wash cycle light and heated dry lights both on
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: tried normal wash and start. smart wash cycle light and normal wash blink. Dishwasher does nothing. I did a reset earlier
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

When the smart wash or normal indicator light continues to blink, that is an error code which means that the touch button for the smart wash or normal button is stuck. Try to flip the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher and heat up the touchpad and rub your thumb over the stuck buttons to try to free them up. Let the touchpad cool and then plug the dishwasher back in or flip the breaker back on. If you still have flashing lights other than the clean light (clean light flashing is a different error), then your entire touch control panel needs to be ordered and replaced because it has failed I'm sorry to say. This is probably the most common part that fails on dishwasher because the steam shorts out the touchpad over time.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, . I am APPLIANCE GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

I see a generic answer was given that is not specific to your unit since the Make nor model was posted. If you would like an accurate answer specific to your model and make, please post it and attach a line asking for APPLIANCE GURU only thanks

\

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

This is not generic, if you need anything else please let me know. I typed every word and every letter myself before I sent the answer to you. If you want me to look up your parts or anything just send me your model number and I can do it.

Tyler had already posted his answer without the make or model off the unit so I would say how could that be accurate and with that being said you can chose who you would like to deal with...just ask for ME APPLIANCE GURU in your post and you will then only deal with me. If you choose Tyler I will Opt out.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** need anything else just let me know.