Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

We have a compact oven with microwave - HBC84K553A, the

Customer Question

We have a compact oven with microwave - HBC84K553A, the stop/start button won't work.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Often the issue that causes that problem is a door switch issue. You need to check and confirm the door switches are all working properly. If they are not the Start button will never work as the unit thinks the door is not closed.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
HiHow can we confirm door switches are working?

You would have to take the unit apart and test them on the microwave there would be three of them. You need a volt meter and tools to take it apart.