John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

The ice-maker in my Kitchen Aid fridge is now only making

Customer Question

Hi Pearl!the ice-maker in my Kitchen Aid fridge is now only making ice shards--not cubes.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Oops--I didn't realize that had been sent:)
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: It has worked fine for almost 3 years, but now the ice maker doesn't make cubes--just shards.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 7 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I am happy to assist you. Your icemaker should have 8 spaces for cubes. Can you see or feel in them to see if they all have water or ice all the way to the front where the square head is located?

Hello, do you still need help?