Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

GE refridgerator 9 years old Model:PFS22MISBWW Water

Customer Question

Hello, GE refridgerator 9 years old Model:PFS22MISBWW
Water dispenser makes loud vibrating noise and stops giving water. I will later give water again. Recently (2 months) replaced filter. Still making ice. Any ideas?
Thanks
Mike Sheimo
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

If you're getting a loud vibrating noise when dispensing water, it would either be coming from the filter receptacle or the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator itself. You can pull the refrigerator forward and remove the lower back panel and have someone push the water dispenser paddle to see if the noise is coming from the valve down below or the filter receptacle. If the valve is getting weak that would explain why it shuts off and then won't work again until later so I would think that the valve is the most likely case. Either way, if the noise is coming from the valve, replace the valve. If the noise is coming from the filter area, try to replace the filter even though it's only 2 months old and if the noise is still there, replace the filter receptacle that the filter plugs in. Below is a link to the valve that you're looking for and you can order it from the link below as well if needed.

CLICK HERE for valve

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.