Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

GE DCL333EAOWW electric dryer. need to remove back panel

Customer Question

GE DCL333EAOWW electric dryer. need to remove back panel only. how do i do that? don't wanna remove the drum - need to get to the internal vent.
Submitted: 7 months ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Unfortunately what you're asking is not possible. The back panel doesn't come off like other brands of dryers. The back panel is welded onto the frame and side panels of the dryer. The top panel and front panel would need to be removed, then you can reach under and disconnect the belt and remove the drum to access the vent. Below is a video that shows you the process.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.