John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

In 2007 I bought a 28 gallon water heater bathroom in the

Customer Question

In 2007 I bought a 28 gallon water heater for a bathroom in the workshop. Model number E2F30LD035V. A 28 gallon 240v electric water heater. Dimensions are 28 1/2" tall and 20" diameter. I finally got around to framing in bathroom and have the heater installed above the bathroom in little area above the bathroom since the ceiling was over 10 tall. Now we have it all hooked up and all water is working well EXCEPT FOR A SMALL LEAK BY THE RELIEF VALVE. I understand I have had it 8 1/2 years without installing and using it. So any guarantee is gone. The problem is I cannot find one locally that sells one that size now. Most are 31 1/2" tall give or take a 1/4" depending on manufacturer.
HOW CAN YOU HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM. We use a lot of Whirlpool Water Heaters in our duplexes and apartment building and not had any problems. HELP!!!!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

There is just a small leak at the T/P brass valve correct?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
All I am asking this Whirlpool site is where to buy the exact same Whirlpool water heater that does not leak. Very simple. Where can I buy one. That is what I am paying $45 for. If you cannot give me that information, I should not be charged. Thank you, John

John, due to the government regulation change April of 2015 the government mandated all Hot water heater suppliers they had to increase the diameter of the units by 2" thus the size you are after no longer exists. I know you are not going to like that answer but that is the truth.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I knew regulations changed in 2015. ALL I WANTED TO KNOW IS WHERE CAN I BUY ONE OF THESE WATER HEATERS THAT IS STILL IN STOCK. So I have learned nothing from your response to me - nothing!!!

OK sir the exclamation points just show you are mad, There are none left anywhere. It was not a popular unit first and second you can check anywhere you want you will not find them I will submit a refund for you.