John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Got an old GE microwave/oven system that is making some bad

Customer Question

Got an old GE microwave/oven system that is making some bad noise in the fan. Trying to figure out how to get the microwave out of the cabinet to get it fixed. Model number for the entire unit (listed on the frame of the the oven door) is KP77GOJ1BG
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When the microwave is turned on it's very loud. Seems to be associated with the fan as it is mostly concentrated to the top of the microwave.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

DO you have a trim skirt around the microwave?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there was a trim skirt. It has been removed, and there is a bracket that is between the microwave and the oven that has also been removed. I have everything off the front of the microwave, and between the microwave and the oven (which sits below).Need to know at this point if the control center (that handles controls for both the microwave and the oven) needs to come off in order to get the microwave out of the cabinet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
or if the microwave and oven have to be removed together as one unit. I can get the microwave to move around in the cabinet, and it appears to be separate from the oven. Just can't get it worked out of the cabinet, seems to be something holding it on the right side of the unit, which is where the control center is located.Maybe there's a better way to get at the top of the microwave to check on the loud noise that happens when the microwave is in use.

Since this is an old unit, can I link you the service manual this shows how to access it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The email I got says its another $15 for the service manual.What's option B?

The service manual complete costs more for the link through the site. It honestly is worth it especially if you are trying to troubleshoot that unit but it is up to you.