Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

My whirpool duet washer stops completely during the rinse

Customer Question

my whirpool duet washer stops completely during the rinse cycle. It appears water is dispensed into the tub but the spin cycle does not start.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

ok so it looks as if the washer goes through the wash mode and then drains and spins ,then it refills for the rinse mode but just sets there and odes nothing else is this correct?

And when it does stop are you seeing any F error codes in the display?

and in the rinse mode the unit should fill /bring in water and then agitate , then drain then go into the final spin mode you are aware of that correct?

I ask because it almost seemed as your thinking it brings in water then goes directly into a spin mode.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
after the wash cycle it goes into rinse mode and stops completely. no error code. I open the door and the clothes are sopping wet. I start a rinse/drain cycle and it completes it and the clothes are fine.

Ok And has this happened more then once?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i thought i was putting in too much clothes. it seems to not have a problem when i do a quick cycle.

ok this unit is smart enough to know if the load in a spin mode will be out of balance.

Lets run it a few times and see if you have any more issue with it and please get back to me to let me know later on does not have to be today .

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
this is a reoccuring problem..i do not need to run a few more times. What do you think is the problem? you have not answered my question.

ok good info .

If it has done it more then one and when you turn it to a short rinse and spin it works fine then it has to be a issue with the main control board CCU

Does it also happen on more then one cycle ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
on heavy duty.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what does it cost range wise to fix a control board CCU? wondering if i need to replace washer is more economical

ok so if it is doing it on more then just one cycle and has done it more then once it is a issue with the main control board CCU

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/W10525357/3021284?rcaid=1000070

this link has all the part info . the part is $261.95 and if you return the old one they credit you $60.00 so it will be $200.00

And your not going to buy a new machine for that price.

If you have any questions just reply back.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it needs to installed by a professional i presume.

Sorry I had to go to a doctors appointment .

not the CCU is really easy to replace , let me find you a video on the replacement .

here is a video showing how to get to and replace the main control (CCU) on the duet style washers , now the part is not the same part number as yours but it is in the same location and replaced the same way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zanWs5ZN15w

if you have any questions just let me know

I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time

Do you still need assistance on your question?

I see you have not rated me as of yet!