Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have an error F7 on an electric range model #790.9243012

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

F7 is an error that means the touch control panel is shorted. The touchpad is part of the display board on this model so you can't have a bad connection between the two parts. Try to unplug the oven for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset and if not, the display control board needs to be ordered and replaced. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The F7 on that control is not a supported error, see the attached tech sheet. The touch pad error on that model is F11, again, referring to the technical information sheet. Allow an extended power cycle (at least 30 minutes) to reset the control and then post back confirming you are still getting the F7 error, please.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

F7 isn't listed on the tech sheet but the error still means you have a bad touchpad so if you're getting an F7 error, the result is the same, the display board needs to be replaced.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

I have not seen a manufacturer omit a valid error code on a model specific tech sheet, so I would still allow 30 minutes for a power cycle to make sure all board components have discharged and the control has reset. Let me know what happens.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

It occurs on many occasions when it's an internal board error from the board manufacture and not a an appliance manufacture error. There is nothing else that can cause an F7 error other than the display board.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

An extended power cycle would still be prudent as an error that is not programmed often times is a sign of a confused board, not a touch pad. Let me know what happens after 30 minutes, please.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Yes, and I have already instructed the customer to leave the unit unplugged for 5 minutes already. That is not new information. Thank you I can take it from here.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Five minutes is not long enough for board components to fully discharge, especially when an expensive control is at stake.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Again, it's still a board problem, and unplugging the appliance may reset it but if not then you need to replace the board. 5 minutes is plenty long.