John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Techs: within the last year I replaced my old fridge in my

Customer Question

hello Techs:
within the last year I replaced my old fridge in my motorhome with a norcold model #NXA841 at La Mesa RV in Tucson Arizona. When I got back to Vancouver, Canada, the fridge was not working, so my tech had to replace the control panel, due to being faulty, (under warranty, Thank-you) I have just spent the winter in Mexico, just to get back to Arizona, and the control for propane setting, clicks, clicks, clicks, and will not ignite, so was able to get to La Mesa rv again, with them telling me there is no 'pilot lite, however the read out said 'no fl'. I was told it was air in the line...they got it going...2 days later here I am in Grand Canyon, same thing, click, click, click, no ignition for propane... as I 'boondock' a lot you can imagine I am not happy. I risk loosing a freezer full of Mexican prawns which is a great expense. So as my 1 year warranty is about to run out, and I seem to have a faulty product, please replace. I shall have to find an rv park each nite to keep my fridge running on 110 til I get home. Not a good situation with a brand new fridge.
Ferne Northcott
RV owner and
RV lifestyles lecturer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 7 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

This is a question and answer web site. that is why you were asked to set a price on your question !

This site has nothing to do with any appliance manufacturer.

I suspect that you though you where sending a message to the refrigerators manufacturer.

If you are just asking for advise please let me know.

Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.

If the unit is still under warranty, you should contact the company at, to find the authorized servicer nearest you for diagnostics and repair.