Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I am replacing the water filter in my Kitchen Aid side by

Customer Question

I am replacing the water filter in my Kitchen Aid side by side refrigerator model # ***** for the first time and it says replace filter after I have put the new one in. What am I to do now to get it running properly?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

If you replaced the filter already, you need to reset the status light. Press the OPTIONS button to enter Options mode, then press LOCK to initiate the reset, then press MEASURED FILL to confirm that you want to reset the status light. When the system is reset, the "ORDER" and "REPLACE" icons will disappear from the display screen..Once you have replaced the filter and reset the light, place a large cup in the dispenser and fill it up 5 seconds on, 5 seconds off, over and over until you've purged all the air out and filled up about 3 gallons worth of water.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.