Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have KitchenAide side-by-side Refrigerator model

Customer Question

I have KitchenAide side-by-side Refrigerator model KSRA25ILSS. The evaporator/condenser is icing over and frost forming on the back wall of in the freezer side. Seems the defroster is malfunctioning. How do I fix this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There are three components in the defrost circuit; control, heater and thermostat. The heater and thermostat are shown as numbers 33 & 35 respectively at the link below. Both may be tested by measuring continuity through them but the thermostat must be freezer temperature to be tested.

If they test good, then the electronic control will need to be replaced, available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?