Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My Whirlpool refrigerator (less than a year old) has a read

Customer Question

My Whirlpool refrigerator (less than a year old) has a read out on the control panel in the front which says "Cooling Off" and it appears that indeed the cooling. I have tried several ways to try and reset it to no avail. It just chimes a few times and the message Cooling Off remains. I've tried several combinations with the different buttons in the front and I've also tried unplugging and plugging back in to reset it, but get the same read out....Cooling Off. The model number is *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello I am Joel and I will be helping you this evening,

Your refrigerator and freezer will not cool when cooling is turned off.

■ To turn cooling off, press and hold the LOCK and MEASURED FILL buttons at the same time for 3 seconds. IMPORTANT: To avoid unintentionally locking the dispenser or changing other settings, be sure to press both buttons at exactly the same time. When cooling is off, “COOLING OFF” will appear on the display screen.

■ Press and hold LOCK and MEASURED FILL for 3 seconds again to turn cooling back on.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate or vote for my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today.

After rating/voting for my service you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just one of the technicians on the site that is here to help answer your question. If you feel my answer has been informative and has helped you then please be sure to rate my service at this time.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

If you want to rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank you for your immediate attention in taking

care of this.

If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating or feel I deserve a negative please let me know.