Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My name is ***** *****. I have a ge oven. There is power to

Customer Question

Hi. My name is ***** *****. I have a ge oven. There is power to it (lights, clock and convenience outlet work) but no heating element works. Suggestiins?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not sure what else to say. One odd yhing, I unplugged the unit and plugged it back in and the store elements worked for about a minute then quit.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If you have lights and everything is lit up, you have likely lost one leg of the power supply from the breaker. Only the heating elements (top and oven) require the L2 leg to supply the 240 VAC required, so you can have 120 VAC to run the lights and control but no heat. Turn the breaker totally off, even if it looks okay, and back on. Does it heat then? Given that unplugging made it work momentarily, check the outlet for loose connections as well as the cord connections.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?