Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have the same question when I turn on the halogen element

Customer Question

I have the same question when I turn on the halogen element just the halogen gets hot. it has been this have from when I bought it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

So the center element first of all doesn't get near as hot as halogen one so it doesn't glow at all as bright and sometimes people think it's not glowing even though it is. Now if the element really isn't heating inside the halogen ring, then either your element is bad or the burner switch is bad. Both parts are no longer made so it might be a moot point, but if you wanted to test and see which one was bad, you could uninstall the entire cooktop, remove the top glass and get inside to see the element. Then with a multimeter test resistance through the center element on the burner and if it has continuity, you need a new switch, otherwise you need a new burner. The burner is part number Y04100448.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.