Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

I have a sub zero model -36U/ORH. The freezer is at 0

Customer Question

I have a sub zero model BI-36U/ORH. The freezer is at 0 degrees, but it is not making ice and the light is out. I removed the light and installed in a table light and it is good. Is there a fuse for the freezer compartment that make be out?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No.
JA: Our top Appliance Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Appliance Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Appliance Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 7 months ago.

Hi there I'm Joel and I will be helping you with your problem,

Well to answer your initial question no the ice maker not making ice is not going to be a fuse related issue, first thing to try is to reset the ice maker system press Press Max Ice and Ice On/Off together for ½ second give it a couple hours then check the ice maker mold and see if there is water/ice in the ice maker mold itself, if not get a cup of water and manually put water in the ice maker and give it a few more hours and see if the ice maker dumps that ice. If you can not get water in it with a cup use something like a turkey baster to fill it up. If the ice maker dumps the ice then the water inlet valve on the unit needs to be replaced, if it does not dump the ice then ice maker will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and if you have any questions, thanks.

In the meantime:

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate or vote for my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today.

After rating/voting for my service you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just one of the technicians on the site that is here to help answer your question. If you feel my answer has been informative and has helped you then please be sure to rate my service at this time.

If you want to rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank you for your immediate attention in taking

care of this.

If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating or feel I deserve a negative please let me know.