Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We want to move a Frigidaire combination washer dryer to a

Customer Question

We want to move a Frigidaire combination washer dryer to a location 46 horizontally and 8 feet vertically (with at least two 90 degree bends) from an exterior wall in a commercial building. The building inspector advised us to find out from the manufacturer what is required for the dryer vent. What is required??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

The maximum length of vent this dryer can handle is 25 feet. Every 90 degree bend counts as 5 feet. So with 2 vends and 54 feet of hose, you're much too long. You would need to install an in-line blower motor half way down the vent to help with the vent or the lint will never make it out of your vent pipe.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The venting requirements are shown on the attached page. With two elbows, you can use another 34' of rigid pipe, so you could get close. Is there another closer option that you could get to that would reduce that length, even a little?

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

At 54 feet with 2 elbows, you're well above any possibility of being able to run the dryer without using an inline blower option. Most outlets are hood type vents and over time lint clogs up the end of these vents. Lovered covers tend to get birds that build nests inside so while it can allow for more airflow, you deal with bigger problems. In the end there is no way to get it down to a requirement that doesn't require an inline blower. You would need an inline blower, there is no way around that. These turn on whenever they sense air coming from your dryer to help assist blowing out the lint and air. The downside is that you need power supplied to them so if you don't have power run half way down your vent line you'd have to run power to install an inline blower.

Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 8 months ago.

Hello I am Joel yet another tech,

I am weighing in on this because the answer here is very obvious just install a indoor dryer vent kit and that way you don't have worry with any of it especially trying to get a inline blower installed and it solves your problem for 13.00 plus shipping.

Deflecto Supurr-Flex® Lint Trap Kit (LTF) - click here

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate or vote for my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today.

After rating/voting for my service you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just one of the technicians on the site that is here to help answer your question. If you feel my answer has been informative and has helped you then please be sure to rate my service at this time.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

If you want to rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

You would need to check with the coding of your city to see if an indoor vent kit is even allowed. Many cities do not allow them. They are typically designed for old buildings where are historic buildings and vents are not allowed to be put inside. They have many disadvantages such as ALL the heat and moisture that are in the dryer will vent into your laundry room. It's really not something you want to do unless you have to.