Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Trouble shooting on timer not sounding at end of time on

Customer Question

trouble shooting on timer not sounding at end of time on oven
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

First, make sure your sound wasn't turned off. Press the Custom Set button and make sure the sound is turned to ON. If the timer still won't sound at the end of the time on oven, then you just have a bad display control board and either the speaker is bad or the logic in the board is bad---either way the display board would need to be replaced to resolve that issue I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The model you posted is a microwave. The speaker is actually on the power board, not the display board. So, assuming the signal is not toggled off, the main power board would need to be replaced, not the display board. The speaker is arrowed red in the attached picture, shown on the board that doe snot have the display.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I apologize if there as any confusion, but the main control board is what I was referring to if you can't turn the sound back on since the display is nothing more than an LED assembly that is an extension of the main control board.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The display is not any part of the main board, it is a totally separate part. Make sure you replace the main board below.

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The display isn't really a board at all. As I stated, you need the actual board which is what supplies power to the display. The part the display plugs into.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The display board is shown at the link below.

CLICK HERE

That is the board you DO NOT WANT! That is why I wanted to make sure you had the correct information. If you just ask for the display board, you will not get the part you need!

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

yes, that is the digital display, again you need the board that powers that digital display behind it if following my directions to turn the sound back on doesn't work.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Below is a link to a cheaper location that doesn't give a 1 year warranty but they are a very reliable source and again, you may not need to replace the board at all if you can turn the sound back on. I apologize if any of my terminology was confusing earlier on, it was apparently confusing to Kelly, but below is the board you would need if you wanted to fix the issue and resetting the sound doesn't work

CLICK HERE for control board