Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

KENMORE - Free Standing, Gas Model # 790.74003310 has error

Customer Question

KENMORE - Free Standing, Gas Model # ***** has error code F30 after replacing the electronic control board; how do i fix it?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is there a reset button or can you provide the location of any fuse's that may be replaced!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 7 months ago.

Hi there the F30 error means the computer is sensing an open temperature sensor, open the oven door and the temp sensor is the probe sticking out of the back of the oven. Some models have screws that hold it in place in the back of the oven in which you just remove the screws and pull the probe out and unplug it from the wiring harness, if there are no screws on the temp probe bracket in the oven then you will have to remove the panel off the back of the range and access the temp sensor from the rear. If you have a meter you can test the probe it should read around 1100 ohms at room temperature, if not then the probe needs to be replaced. If you do not have a meter , since you have already changed the control board which is the only thing that could cause this error, just replace the temperature sensor:

Range Oven Temperature Sensor

Part #:###-##-####click here

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate or vote for my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today.

After rating/voting for my service you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just one of the technicians on the site that is here to help answer your question. If you feel my answer has been informative and has helped you then please be sure to rate my service at this time.

If you want to rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote system at the top of your screen typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank you for your immediate attention in taking

care of this.

If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating or feel I deserve a negative please let me know.