John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Am in the middle of changing a facia panel on a Bosch

Customer Question

Hi am in the middle of changing a facia panel on a Bosch Dishwasher - have the old panel out and all the connections / circuit boards etc ready to clip into the new panel but can't work out how to 'split' the Start button which is still on the old panel - it obviously pushes together from front and rear of panel but I am worried about breaking it as it seems immovable ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Start button is also a settings dial and 'sandwiches' the fascia panel and is partially inset - think front part maybe pulls off but it seems too solid and if I break it I can't complete the repair - thanks Jon
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.

The model number listed comes up as just a countertop microwave and this would not be a 240 volt microwave?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I didn't give you model number - it is a Bosch Dishwasher Model SMS40T32UK/28 and another code FD 9404
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Forget It - I have managed to do it myself !

Ok I am not sure what the deal is with the question, Customer service had asked me to speak to you about the question since you wanted a different expert. Woody is the original tech and keeps posting to this, I will opt out of this as I have many customers to attend to and do not want to get a negative rating over this issue.