John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

I jave an older model scotman DCE33PA-1sb. It makes ice but

Customer Question

Hi I jave an older model scotman DCE33PA-1sb. It makes ice but wont fill up the bin. I've noticed that it tales about an hour or more to male a batch of ice.. It has a new timer, water valve and thermostat.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: There's no water standing pumps fine. Just can't get bin to fill with ice. Condensor is clean...machine is clean yadda yadda....
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.

Check the condenser coil to see if there's a layer of dust and lint blocking the air flow through it. If there is, vacuum it off with a ShopVac, and give the machine some time to start producing more ice. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That is NOT the answer and I thought I wasn't charged until I got a statisfied answer. It's not a dirty condenser, not the air flow and not needing to be cleaned. Seriously....dig into this. I can read the owners manual as well as you and I'm not daft on how to fix things. I need an experienced answer.