Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My GE microwave just up and died a few hours ago (Had to run

Customer Question

Hi Jason - My GE microwave just up and died a few hours ago (Had to run to derby practice then so just now trying to find the fix) No lights are on, nothing blinking, no light when I open the door, and I've reset all my fuses in the basement
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I used it to defrost a piece of frozen bread earlier today, around 3:30 or so, but by 6:30 it was dead that's it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

The internal fuse has blown on the unit. You need to get at it to check it. If you remove the upper grill on the unit then you will see a single screw above the console remove that and lift up the console and it will rock forward,, once you have it forward you can see the inside of the unit. Looks above the console and inside for a WHITE BUS fuse on a filter board. See if that is blown, it is a 15 amp fuse. Replace it if it is bad. You are looking for this.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU