Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a sharp professional microwave. The door stopped

Customer Question

I have a sharp professional microwave. The door stopped opening when the unlatch button is pressed I can get it open, but putting a lot of force on the door Must be some kind of misalignment
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it is a sharp r-530ET-T
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Often the press button actuator peg breaks as that is what press to lift up on the door hooks to release the door. You need to remove the outer shroud and check the peg and the actuator on the unit to see which is broken. Once you see which piece is broken you can call this place to order it.

800-(###) ###-####/p>

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU