Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Bosch she68m05uc dishwasher will not turn on...outlet is

Customer Question

bosch she68m05uc dishwasher will not turn on...outlet is live and power is getting to machine...when the I/O button is pushed, nothing turns on......thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So first, there are no fuses or resets on this dishwasher. Make sure the dishwasher is getting power first. If so, pull the dishwasher out and follow the power cord to where it connects to the main control board under the tub along the right side. Sometimes this cord will come unclipped so make sure it's plugged in securely. If everything checks good--you'll need to order and replace the control board located under the tub along the right side. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

I am a different tech and actually work on Bosch units for a living the chances of the board being the issue is slim. Do you have a volt meter and can you remove the lower front panel to get at the terminal block under the silver cover on the lower right side? CHeck the wire nuts there first and confirm you have 120 volts on a meter there and make sure they are not burned up. This has a junction box on it not a cord like the other tech stated.

Note please only rate my post when happy with my ANSWER APPLIANCE GURU if you rate whatever tech posts last to you they will get paid and I will get nothing thanks.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

There is no junction box on this particular dishwasher. The power cord connects directly to the control board.

Sir I am not sure if the other tech is familiar with your dishwasher so I posted a picture to show you where the JUNCTION BOX is. That is where the power connects to the unit and you should check it there for anything burned up and to verify you have 120 volts to the unit. You can see the image at the link below and I work on those everyday and have been factory trained on Bosch units with full access to every piece of information on your unit so just let me know if you want to continue with me.

APPLIANCE GURU your Bosch Expert!