Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a whirlpool Duet Dryer Model WYED9200SQ1 The power

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool Duet Dryer Model WYED9200SQ1 The power button lights up as does the time allowed, but when I press start, it dings and nothing happens. Then about 20 seconds later it puts up a code F with 01 flashing. What does that mean? I have looked in the manual, but no such code is listed.
Thank you for your response.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

F01 is a very straight forward error and it means that your main relay control board mounted to the left side wall above the dryer drum has shorted and needs to be ordered and replaced. There is nothing you can do to fix this issue since you have already tried to reset the breaker so below is a link to the control board for your model number.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.