Sean F.
Sean F., Customer Service
Experience:  Appliance Tech at Appliance Repair

We have an older wall oven. It developed a hole in the roof

Customer Question

We have an older wall oven. It developed a hole in the roof seam. can it be fixed. is it safe
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 7 months ago.

One minute please while I look up you appliance info. Mean while please read.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my EYES & EARS! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem.

******We are on the honor system here. So please remember to rate my service by selecting the stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you don't rate me, unfortunately do not get credit for of the help that I have giving you so please rate me. You can continue follow-up questions at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE after rating my service if you still needing help.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 7 months ago.

Unfortunately it will not be safe to use. It could be fixed if you know someone that welds. But at this point I wouldn't trust any of the seems even if you had some one fix that hole. You sure don't want you home to catch fire over a faulty oven.

Sorry for the bad new.