Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Attempting to set clock on my new GE Stove.Pressing set

Customer Question

Attempting to set clock on my new GE Stove.Pressing set clock=nothing happens.Does NOT feel like it "gives" at all.Pressing + and - and "gives" but no movement. Hints please ? JB700EJES
Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

So to set the clock, you should just need to press and hold the + and - buttons together for 5 seconds. The buttons don't give since it's a touch control panel. After holding those 2 buttons, you should be able to just press the + an - buttons separately (not holding them) to adjust the time, then press start to save the time. If that doesn't work, then either you have a bad display board or one of your buttons has failed and you'd need a new touch control panel.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 8 months ago.

Hi there,

I am a different tech and what you do to set the clock is press the set clock pad 2 times in a row, then use the +- buttons to adjust the time and press start to save it.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today.

After rating my service you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just one of the technicians on the site that is here to help answer your question. We do not get credit for helping you unless you click on the star rating system. So if you feel my answer has been informative and has helped you then please be sure to rate my service at this time. Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.