Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Dish Washer won't advance from the wash cycle to the next

Customer Question

Dish Washer won't advance from the wash cycle to the next function.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Kenmore Elite Dishwasher on Normal Wash Cycle (Red Light On). All Red Lights on the following Options - Turbo Zone, Hi Temp, Sani Rinse, Heated Dry. Washing Light on (Red). Seems to just Stay in this mode, Won't Switch to Dry. Start Light on (Red).
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

If the dishwasher just keeps running forever and won't go to dry, then you either have a bad control board or your turbidity sensor thinks your water is dirty so it keeps trying to refill your water. To know which is the problem, just listen to the cycle when it's stuck. If it keeps washing non-stop, then replace the control board. If every 15 minutes it drains the water out and puts fresh water in the dishwasher, then replace the turbidity sensor below the dishwasher. That being said, I'm sure you're aware of this but these new Kenmore Elite dishwasher tend to take about 3 hours to complete a cycle so be sure you're giving it enough time to actually complete a normal cycle.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.