Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Kitchenaid Dishwasher KUDE60HXSS starts runs about 30

Customer Question

My Kitchenaid Dishwasher KUDE60HXSS starts runs about 30 seconds and quits. Water fills, sprays few seconds, water drains, and turns off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Let's try to see what error you're getting. Turn the dishwasher off. Choose any 3 buttons on the control panel. Press them in the following sequence, 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between each button push.

Watch the clean light. It will flash "X" amount of times, then pause 2 seconds, and flash "Y" amount of times, then pause 5 seconds and start over again.

Can you tell me how many times X and Y are please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
All the lights came on and stayed on.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

OK no lights started flashing after 10 seconds? The wash or clean?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No they are all still on and none are flasjing.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

OK then you are not getting an error code which means the only possibility is a bad control board. Try to flip the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If not then you need to order and replace the control board inside the door. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.