Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My maytag maxima front load washer displays an LC error

Customer Question

my maytag maxima front load washer displays an LC error code. When I push the release button for 3 seconds, it doesn't cancel the error code nor release the door, so the door remains locked. I cannot program it to start a cycle while it is displaying this code
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: not at this time, other than this has been happening for the last couple of days, and I was able to unlock it yesterday, but not today
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

LC just means that the control lock is engaged. You should just need to press and hold the control lock button for 5 seconds to remove the control lock. If that doesn't work, unplug the washer for 5 minutes and try again. If it still won't work, your front interface control board has failed and would need to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.